Friday, September 7, 2007

Positively Bubbly

It’s Friday and I’m looking forward to this weekend! I have three dollar bills, about $5.00 in quarters and $3.55 in the bank so I guess that’s what I will have to use to survive unless I sell some more stuff. Be that as it may, I’m going to pet the kitties, watch Rock Hudson & Doris Day, stretch, sleep in, walk 10-15K before Monday. I’m going to work on my record and hang out with Steve (hooray! It’s been so fun lately) and see “This Is England” and work on stuff for the new band. My place is already clean, so all I really have to do is get rid of some of the vintage stuff and rearrange my room. I may or may not get to that, heehee.

I’ve been sinking into a happy little zone lately, but it’s somewhat dangerous. My new way of enjoying my space is to eat a filling supper followed by a movie and appropriate movie snacks (popcorn, etc). I've hit that total "I can do whatever the hell I want", low-stress comfort zone, which frankly given my indulgent personality, is not so good for me. I’ve been trying to exercise as much as my knee will allow, but what I really need is to get over this hump and shrink my stomach enough to be satisfied with less. It's going to take more exercise to get there than I'm currently doing.

I know these cravings will be easier to outmaneuver after next week, when my money situation eases up and I’m able to buy lots of groceries that are more expensive but are much healthier and satisfy me just as much. For instance, those organic dried soups…veggie chili and all that, used to be a mainstay for me. I like them but they're almost three bucks a pop! And a good cut of fish or a small pile of shrimp; Organic boxes of tomato and squash soup, salad fixings and goat cheese and feta and lots of good fresh fruit.

A Totino’s pizza is 99 cents. A Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger from Jack in the Box is 99 cents. All that junk that may be tasty ONCE IN A WHILE is about all I have been able to afford for the past couple of weeks, except for my “gone far too soon” grocery splurge after selling some stuff for cash. It's expensive to love good, healthy food as much as I do. I wish I cared about food so little that I would be physically satisfied with a can of tuna, iceberg lettuce and cottage cheese, but well....

I just keep telling myself that it’ll be over soon! I plan to use the drive-thru at Baby Greens a lot more, and vegetarian/pescetarian again is also the plan. I’ll get there eventually. I really will.

I’m all abuzz with ideas and projects and feeling good other than that. Life is pretty much as it should be except of course I am impatient to get everything I want and I’d like to have the money to do it.

In other self-indulgent news: aside from food and fun--I'm getting a haircut, the new Harry Potter book, and a bottle of decent perfume as soon as fiscally possible! So there.

No comments: