Monday, September 24, 2007

My weekend was...something!

My weekend was exhausting, but overall it was good for me...cathartic.

Friday evening after work I went for a walk, did a DVD workout and then later I went over to Donny's house to meet him. We talked and messed around for a while with his Farfisa and guitars. He and his girlfriend both seem like VERY sweet people. I hope he comes to work with me/us, musically. He's definitely got a feel for the psyche, which is something I wouldn't mind delving into a *little* bit. As long as it doesn't go too near that lame "indie-psyche" that seems so common among devotees of Brian Jonestown Massacre, etc.

After I left, I went home and baked cookies and finished up the wine I'd bought last weekend. I watched "Sex and the City" late into the evening (in lieu of girlfriends' company) and cried and was really, really angry for the rest of the night. It felt really good to be angry. I am still angry. Hooray for angry!

Saturday I called Mario and we discussed timelines and other necessary details for my record. Oh, how wonderful! I realized how much better I work when I have specific deadlines, so we set some. We had a great talk, and I feel much better and more clear about finishing the record now.


I dropped by Monica's in the early afternoon to take her and Bobby some of the cookies I'd baked (Baby Dumpling, her kitty for 17 years had been put to sleep the day before). She gave me some money in exchange for me schlepping over to Michael's and picking up supplies so I could make her a whole new slew of crafty '40s flowers for her hair. I forgot how fun that crafty little habit of mine can be.

I got home and roasted a chicken, made a sweet potato and some seasoned cabbage...relaxed and made flowers until it was time to get gussied up to go see Deke.

Wait, I can't believe it...I actually went to see Deke play???

It was rather fun, to tell the truth. I got in my old "get-up", just because...bamboo-style vintage halter dress, big hair flowers, curled hair, high heels, the works. I hadn't even gotten that gussied in Spain. Eh. Could be that I'd unearthed enough of my old vintage stuff to finally get excited about wearing it again, I don't know. I've got some really beautiful things that shouldn't just be hanging in a closet or folded into a bin.

I went to the show and met several new people and saw plenty of old friends; there were even some Europeans about. I didn't even know those folks came here anymore, these days! Heh.

I saw Misti W. while I was at the Continental, and was ecstatic to hear that she's looking for a new musical project. Shandon Sahm doesn't play much, she's not in Mr. Lewis and the Funeral Five anymore, and apparently The Dirty Hearts are taking a break. Wahoo!

She loves my singing and is dying to be in a band with me, as it turns out! So there you have it. if I have anything to say about it, Misti is going to be the final piece of our little 60s band. Hope fills my soul.

I went home at bar closing, mentally and physically drained. It was the kind of drained where I sat on my couch for another hour and half, half-watching TV, unwinding but not sleeping.

Sunday came...I awoke depressed. Stayed in bed. Cried. Was angry. Felt like crap about my fat, lazy, unlovable self. Luckily, I know me fairly well and knew that once I got up, it was going to be a galvanizing day. I knew it but at the same time, wasn't really looking forward to it.

Finally at 1:30pm I dragged myself out of bed and out to get some creamer for my coffee. I made a BIG pot of the stuff, took some allergy medicine, and within an hour, I was in my room going through all of my stuff. And I do mean all. I spent the next eight hours purging, re-arranging, cleaning, and finding storage places for all that had been in dusty bins and boxes and bags. Little things, big things; my entire purse collection, all the stuff that doesn't fit me anymore (but will again), etc., etc.

I got rid of the old computer and the desk and many, many other items. Goodwill got a huge amount of goodies from me yesterday, that's for sure. I'm lucky to have the Goodwill so close to my house, with a drive-through drop-off spot, no less. They haven't seen the last of me!

The beautiful thing was, in the end I found a place for everything, with room to spare. And now my room is re-arranged and my bed is in a better spot and I can finally relax.

No comments: