Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My own company

I enjoy my own company most of all.

The past week or so I have been feeling very easily harangued, and my personal relationships have felt inexplicably (okay, explicably) complicated. Thus, I have been retreating into my own mind until this mood passes. Very soon here, I will either work through it and express what I need to express, or else it'll just fade out when a fun-loving, expansive mood finally hits me again.

Last night I walked on Town Lake (ran into Jen Barker-Benfield and so walked with her and her friend for a couple of miles). Afterward, I grabbed a salad and went to Target to get contact solution and allergy medication.

I went home, ate my salad and lay on the couch and read, undisturbed, for five solid hours.

I love that a lot more than I realize. Sweet, sweet solitude.

No comments: