Monday, September 10, 2007

And just when I think I should suppress all my emotions

Someone comes along and tells me it's okay to have them. The hurt, the anger, the sadness...it's okay to have them.

This came to my Myspace inbox from Barbara at Get Hip:

Hi Caroline,

So I used the demo CD you gave us in Austin last time to listen to while I was stripping icky wallpaper from my kitchen wall... yeah doesn't sound glamorous but that is the time when I will completely concentrate in the music while doing something productive, ha!

So I listen to it like 10 times on a row and kept liking it more and more every time. I know some (or most) of it is on the demo stage and I can't wait to hear it finished. You need to keep throwing guts at your singing and lyric writing... you have that raw and true talent that I personally envy because my weak voice has always held me back from trying to attempt singing. I'm always told that I'm fearless and strong but really, compare to you or Michael K or other people that throw everything out there for others to criticize, well I think I am a coward.


I wanted to tell you that my FAVE song on your CD is IT'S LATER NOW. What an awesome song... it could've been on like a Gram Parsons album or something like that. Great.


Keep up the good work girl, and most of all BE HAPPY.

Love,

Barbara

No comments: