Monday, January 15, 2007

Necesito comida por mi desayuno.

The only sounds in the house--my fingers clacking on the keyboard, coffee perking, and the hum of our heating system. I feel fuzzy-headed yet somehow calm. Chores needin' be done, store needin' be shopped, and I think I'm going to enjoy this day. It's obvious from the fact that I am taking five minutes or so to write a little "state of my mind" blog, when there isn't really anything to say. That's when I find myself the most relaxed.

Today I write some new Casey Sisters songs using the old tried-and-true formula. Should take me about two hours to write three or so. Kind of funny how little effort that band takes when I think about it. I guess it's just one of those plain old "crowd-pleaser" acts, not too taxing on the mind or heart, and lots of fun.

I want oatmeal this morning.

No comments: