Sunday, January 28, 2007

Gardening state.

I feel as if I'm carefully tending all the little parts of me--physical, creative, professional, social...and although I could sprinkle on a little spiritual, the little garden that is me is coming along quite nicely, and will probably bloom with the spring.

I'm sleepy today due to overindulgence with Steve's wine last night. He's very generous with it and I appreciate that greatly, but sometimes I'd rather he not see that maudlin, emotional side of me. Even if you trust someone, showing the vulnerable side, well...ugh. It can make one shift uncomfortably in one's seat, that's for sure. *fidget*

We had fun on our road trip yesterday and although the destination didn't quite live up to our expectations, we'll certainly know for next time...and meanwhile, it felt great to be traveling the wild back Texas roads with a special friend like him.

This afternoon I quite unexpectedly wrote up a new bio for my EPK and my Myspace page. This one has more of a professional approach, listing my accomplishments and honors as if it's my musical curriculum vitae...which of course it is. I feel quite good after getting that done. http://www.myspace.com/carolinecasey

A little while ago, I had a wild craving for prosciutto and melon, and now having made the trip to the store and having prepared my delicious snack, I am going to lie on my bed and watch "Breathless." Later I'll whip up the remainder of the melon and prosciutto and tote it to Ashleigh's for our Sunday "Rome" indulgence. I'm actually in quite the music mood as well and *was* going to go to Jim's Country Jam at the Brentwood Tavern, but I called them and found out it's only on the first and third Sundays of each month. However, not next Sunday because apparently the Super Bowl waits for no music fan. Harrumph.

No comments: