Monday, January 8, 2007

All my ex-somethings are rising....

WOW.

I just sent two "leave me the hell alone" emails in five minutes.

One of my exes just emailed me and asked for my number again. Consider this: the last time I had contact with him over the phone, he called me (drunk and I think high) at 4:00am, and after telling me he was being chased by his (forgive my crassness) baby-mama with a knife, SHE then started calling my number. At 4:00am. On a Monday night.

Good lord.



It's amazing how fast the "leave me the hell alone" email flew from my hands after briefly considering the most direct, yet least vicious way to get the point across.

So I reply:

Hey ______,

Not to make you mad, but I'm afraid I am not going to give you my number. The drama in your life, and mainly your relationship with ________, is nothing I want to contend with. So pretty much you shouldn't be messing with talking to me, even as a friend.

Hope your family and your new son are all doing well, in any case.

And I am doing fairly "awesome," thank you for asking. :^)


~Caroline



And then there's the other guy. While an extremely intelligent, talented and all-around pretty nifty feller, he sometimes acts a bit unbalanced and somewhat snappy--or at least, towards me.

I told him I don't really want to hang out with him, because he made me feel shitty last time I ran into him. Soooo, I guess that's that. I hope he doesn't want to "discuss" it, because frankly I just don't have the energy anymore.


When did I become so blunt? I don't regret writing either email, but still I feel guilty. Sigh.

I guess I'm just tired of interacting with people who make me feel like I'm screwed up when I am doing nothing to deserve it.

No comments: