Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tick tock, ching ching

I certainly wish there were more hours in the day. And of course, that there is more money so that I can pursue my dreams (although it would be *really* dreamy not to HAVE to have money to do some of them).

It occurred to me today that most people's lives are run by the fact that they are trying to earn money so that they can spend their time exactly as they want.

I'd like to:

Go back to school full time
Plan my first book
Begin my first book
Get my first book published
Read so MANY books
Write my story
Spend time with the members of my family that I'd love to know better
Research all the music I love
Meet the makers of all the music I love
Take bubble baths by candlelight
Plan tours all over the world
Make all sorts of records
Teach people how to do the things I have done
Spend years in foreign countries
Plan road trips
Take road trips
Get my degree
Smile, breathe, laugh, sleep; stare in wonder at the world around me.

I'm rather giggly at myself for displaying such pie-eyed intent, but I'm even more giggly at myself for realizing that all of this and more can and WILL happen to me. Someday.

No comments: