Friday, June 22, 2007

Frolicking with news and getting

I'm starting to feel better now that I've recognized the incredible amount of stress I've been feeling lately and begun to take all the steps to make it go away. First off, it's Friday and there's no more work! That is, WORK work, where I sit in a cubicle. I still have plenty to do with music and writing....

Speaking of writing, Orlando finally sent me the issue of Rockabilly Magazine with my piece in it...plus a check. Yay money! Yay publicity! It's a little hard to read, layout-wise; and well, my writing always makes me cringe anyway, but there it is nonetheless.

I have loads of new music I want to download to iTunes. Looks like Steve's minor (ahem!) influence on me has finally shifted my curiousity and now I am going to download Soko, Handsome Family, Catherine Irwin and Freakwater. I shall immerse myself in that the same way I am going to immerse myself in my new bathtub with candles and freshly cut flowers to celebrate when I get my own living space again.

Soon I want to pay a visit to my old roommate Emily and her boyfriend Kevin and see their new place out in Manor. I miss her a lot more than I thought I would, plus Emily's always been an inspiration for the spunky, fearless person I kind of want to be...going pell after what you want, grabbing it by the horns, tussling it to the ground, and if it gives you any guff, spit on it, curse at it, and walk away. That's Emily in a nutshell.

I am SOOOO looking forward to this weekend--just going to spend it with Steve, enjoying his company--relaxing and having fun the way we do that's so special. Nothing fancy, just real and lovely and soul-feeding.

The Valiant has been SOLD!!! A feller came over last night and gave me some money down and then he's taking it away in a week or so after he pays up the rest and I give him the title. He didn't bat an eye when I told him all the things that are wrong with it, so I guess it'll even stay on the road instead of being parted out. Wheeeeee!

My chiropractor gave me a good adjustment today and even a nice little electric massage treatment...and some Med-Ice for my knee. Apparently it works wonders...I only hope it doesn't stink to high heaven. Oh, and Janet lives in some apartments close by and gave me the number. She found out prices for me and it is definitely affordable and I drive by them all the time as they're on Banister Road. Hmmmm....

Okay, off to go enjoy my weekend now. :)

No comments: