Monday, June 25, 2007

Stop the train!!!

I've bitten off more than I can chew at work with training the new CAs, but I think it's high time I did that at work. Quickest way I know of to get a raise/promotion, or at least a good reputation and paving the way for future positions. The management really seems to think I'm saving the day.

I found the perfect apartment today! Of course, about a gazillion other people though it was perfect too. Great area of town; only one building, lots of space, totally cheap considering all of the above, and get this...the building even has an old slave cemetary in the back yard. No, seriously...a slave cemetary! It's realistically affordable too, especially since gas and water are paid. There's a GAS stove, and old tiles in the bathroom. Sigh....

I am DYING to get in there (pardon that pun following the slave cemetary comment). Since the gal who lives there told me she got such a huge response and that 6 girls were scheduled to see it tonight so I'd better get there early, I knew the rare moment had come where I had to fight through a pack of wild dogs and rush pell-mell towards what I want. Even though I hadn't even seen it yet, my gut told me this was the one.

I called the property management company and spoke to them directly about the property. I called my PM and told her the situation and she let me leave early, which is AMAZING because I actually got there first. Two girls came to look at it right after I did, but they didn't have enough time for me NOT to meet the very nice tenant, strike up a bond with her and her doggie, and tell her I wanted the place and I loved the color that she had already painted the walls. Every word true. And as I sat in my car afterward trying to call the property management, both of them left--gave up, it would seem. HAH!

I'm biting my nails and trying not to stress about this perfect place being denied me. The problem is that I just pulled up my Experian credit report and I have to say, even with the good accounts, it doesn't look good. I mean, I don't have any broken leases; I have a decent job, and I'm making credit card and car payments on time, but it still might not be enough to sway them due to the number of idiotic small (under $100.00) debts I have on there. We shall see. One possible saving grace is that Monica said she would co-sign for me on a lease. If she did, then that would be pefect and I could have the solitudinal place I dream of having at less of a price than what I pay now. Hopefully, I can get it all by myself like I got the car.

New work duties...apartment cockfighting...oh, and band practice tonight.

That's it! I'm stopping by the store to get some Calgon before the night's over.

No comments: