Sunday, June 17, 2007

We can't go on together...at procrastination time

Today I lay around a lot. I find it funny and a little sad that, not through any fault of their own, the mere presence of other people can actually hinder my activities instead of increase them when I am feeling I need some alone time. I didn't want to stay in my room today, but somehow I felt that I had to. Argh. All I wanted to do was everything I wanted to do, yet instead I crankily lay in bed and read self-help books. Good god, get over yourself, woman!

The good side is that I got some things done today, two minor things actaully, that I've been putting off for ages. I got to sleep early enough last night that this morning when I awoke I got enough time alone to play some SIMS and do some mending that I've been putting off for like a year. I now have like three new outfits again as a result of my mending mania. Woohoo!

I also FINALLY got the rubber hosing onto my new fuel pump with the aid of some canola oil. Hopefully it won't catch me on fire when I try to start the valiant after I re-install it. Maybe I should have the fire department stand by just in case?

If I can get Digby running and air in his tires, I at least have a better chance of selling him soon. Of course as soon as I was going outside to go install the new fuel pump, it started raining. Whatcha gonna do?

I need to sell the Valiant right away. I need to hock everything and just find a place already, no matter how much debt I accrued while I was in Spain. It's now a burning, yearning need within me to be able to do things like read my books and study in my living room and sit there for two hours trying to figure out my applications for financial aid, or to clean at midnight and not watch cable or have to talk to anyone for like maybe TWO whole days. Heehee. It's funny how much my need for having and creating within my own space has increased exponentially during the past six months or so.

No comments: