Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I am in sore need of some downtime.

I must need a few days in a row of downtime, because I'm about here:

Work has got me running steady for nine to ten hours a day right now, and I *still* feel like I could be doing a better job. Sigh.

I have a Rockabilly article to write, plus something for Whoopsy!. I have songs to get on tape and somehow transfer to CD for the Spain trip. I have SO MANY personal things I want to do to make my life more enjoyable...writing exercises, painting, refurbishing, working out, cooking and eating better food. I have a back patio to organize and bills to pay and SxSW to plan around/for and credit to build and relationships to work on and all the time, happy thoughts I must think.

A few weeks ago I chose to live each night of the week as if it were a weekend. How come that only works for a little while? If certain life responsibilities must be assumed in order to be able to shirk them with little consequence and total abandon, then where does one draw the line? And pray tell...where *do* the hours come from?

I think I should take a bubble bath and light a candle. It's cold outside and this is Valentine's Day, so somehow that seems like the perfect thing to do (short of getting a relaxation massage and doing lots of hugging/cuddling).

No comments: