Thursday, August 2, 2007

Cry, baby...cry!

Oh, jeez--I look at that last blog and think to myself, "Whine, whine, whine!" Ugh. How pathetic-sounding.

I need to give myself a freaking break already. I'll take the rest of the week and the weekend to get settled in and unpacked. I have groceries in my fridge--not a lot, but it's all delicious and good for me. I have Netflix to watch (if only I could find the three-part cord that goes with the DVD player!), and books to read, and naps to take.

Last night I set up my living room, with the exception of hanging all my stuff on the wall. The kitchen needs a little more work, but is functioning now, as I've cooked two meals in there and done the dishes (a dish drainer is a small thing I can get sometime in the near future). My little bathroom is delightful--the bathtub is very pleasant to lounge in. And well, the bedroom is admittedly a mess, but will be fine very soon. Last night I took a hot bath by candlelight after all my furniture re-arranging was done, and this morning I put on NPR and did stretches. I'm starting to feel human again. The cats are once again lying lazily under my clock table and my turquoise chair, which spiffed up beautifully with a few squirts of lemon oil.

Town Lake beckons...relaxation beckons. Next week I'll be humming away, a busy little birdie indeed. No more whining! Things are good.

No comments: