Friday, December 29, 2006

Blecch.

I awoke this morning with a swollen throat, at least a up of phlegm roiling within, an excruciating headache, and a ridiulous level of body aches. Nothing feels feverish or I'd worry it's the flu, but I don't feel good nonetheless. I went to work for a few hours this morning--cranky, in no mood to deal with the madcap minutae that so regularly arrives in my Outlook email. Normally I enjoy tackling this, but today? All I could do was stare bleary-eyed while I trried to make some sense of the boxes and binders I needed to send to different sites today, and not thinking clearly enough to do it properly. Oh, they went on their way, but I'm sure I made mistakes. I'll find out on Tuesday.

I stopped by CM on the way home for provisions--soup, chicken, rolls, good ol' greens; I even got a little container of chocolate-dipped macaroons, and a small serving of mac & cheese. Hey, I'm sick! I need this stuff. At least, that's how I justifed it. Bleary-eyed and aching, I ate it and watched a forgettable movie starring Luke Wilson and slept for hours.

Headhache has lessened as have the body aches, but we'll see where I can go from here.

No comments: