Tuesday, March 8, 2005

The WCYAWAF.

So I met a wee, clarivoyant Austrian man over the weekend.

He was hip and droll....but mainly just wee. He stills sticks in my mind today because he was such a character. He wore a yellow scarf as an ascot and talked about reflexology and other odd, mystic beliefs. He's a filmmaker who moved from Vienna to Austin only 3 weeks ago. He was charming, but DEFINITELY a weirdie. I was strangely drawn to him, the way one can occasionally be to weirdies. It's not "Can I touch you?", but
Can I watch you?"

I even think he said something about having been involved with a cult, too. Maybe he's here to start the Austin chapter of "cult of the yellow-scarf-as-ascot". Not that we don't have enough of those here...they just stay indoors except for the Eeyore festival is all.

It's not every day one meets an ascot-wearing wee clairvoyant Austrian man, so I felt I should make note of it.

He told me the Austrian word for "mullet," too. Wahoo! (Uh, NO. It's not "wahoo.")

Oh, yes! One more thing. True to form, my inbox this morning had yet another apropo "Word of the Day." How do they do it?
**************************************
Word of the Day for Monday March 7, 2005

fey \FAY\, adjective:
1. Possessing or displaying a strange and otherworldly aspect
or quality; magical or fairylike; elfin.
2. Having power to see into the future; visionary;
clairvoyant.
3. Appearing slightly crazy, as if under a spell; touched.
4. (Scots.) Fated to die; doomed.
5. (Scots.) Marked by a sense of approaching death.

No comments: