Sunday, February 27, 2005

Sunday sermon: One moment to note the importance of....

I'd like to take a moment to recognize what to me is one of life's greatest inventions: the garbage disposal.

How many times have the glories of the garbage disposal been shouted from the hilltops? Nay, "seldom" is the word, my friends. So it would behoove you to take a moment and give thanks for its existence.


When you go forth into your week; when you feed it leftover rice, beans, sludge, slush and science experiments; just remember that although you may only see one set of footprints, do not fear. It was those moments when the garbage disposal was carrying you. Otherwise your plumbing would be shot to straight into the pits of eternal hell and damnation.


Of course, I *did* clean out my refrigerator this morning. Hence the fervor.

***Side note: When I was in grade school and junior high and we had to take all those tests for suitable careers, mine was "clergy." So there ya go.

No comments: