Wednesday, October 31, 2007

France in my pants

I just found out from Ricky Broussard that the promoters selected me to perform at the French festival next July. Wonder of wonders! I guess my spiffing up of my demo (and bio and the like) provided them with a little something to go on. Hooray for Gascony!

Hmmm. I wonder what the South of France will be like when I'm experiencing with Ricky...and Roger...and Bear...and CHADD THOMAS...okay, I'm getting a little bit spooked out now.

Hopefully since Miss Leslie is going, she'll be nice to me and I will have some fun with another gal around. I'll probably have to try to be really fun all the time, because I have long observed that I have a strong penchant for putting the "I" in team. Heh.

Not that that's a bad thing....

Ugh...I am extremely worn out this morning. I was tired last night even before I went to rehearsal, plus I bought a couple of inexpensive examples of literary deliciousness last night, which only makes me want to pull a blankie over my lap and a cat to my side and read, read, read.

The one I'm starting with is of a lighter ilk than the others. A young American girl goes to England to research the Scarlet Pimpernel, the Purple Gentian, and the Pink Carnation. She discovers all sorts of spy-laden intrigue during the French Revolution and uncovers the identity of the Pink Carnation, which had previously been unknown.

It's a little too amateurishly written, especially when it gets a tad too romance-y, but I am seriously loving the characters.


I'm tired today. Want to get my record player back from Laura and go home and listen to some stuff. And read. And nap. And make a tasty dinner and hand out candy to youngsters.

Must be the witching day casting its spell upon my person.....

No comments: